Monday, July 12, 2010

Camp Smile A Mile Charity Tournament

This past weekend was the Birmingham Bassmasters annual Camp Smile A Mile Charity Tournament.  I fished it with a guy I work with, Jeremy Roberson.  The tournament was from 6:30pm Saturday until 6:30am Sunday.  We started the day off well by me boating 2 keepers (small but keepers none the less) and then went on a dry spell till around 11pm.  We stopped off to fish a pier that was well lit and ended up deep in a slew.  I tied into three more and we had a limit before 11:30pm.  As we were fishing our way out of the slew my partner hooked into a good one, but had his drag set WAY to low and the fish took off on him and into a lay down.  Unfortunately he lost the only fish he hooked that night.  We came back and fished that same slew on our way back to weight in and I was able to hook up with a nice sized spot.  I was a bit surprised when I saw it was a spot, because we were focusing on LM and where we were was not a typical place you would find a spot.  So needless to say I thought I was pulling in a nice 8-10# LM and my adrenaline was going. We were able to cull out a small one and increase our weight by a pound or more.  I had been hearing that the fishing was a bit rough and it was not taking much to win, so I thought we might have a chance, with our small bag, or at least placing in the top 10.  I was WRONG.  We weighed in 7.02# and it took 12#+ to get in the top 10.

Either way, it was fun and for a good cause.

Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment