Monday, July 12, 2010

Lake Guntersville (BigG)

Am I lucky or what?  My wife is originally from Guntersville and her family still lives there.  So that means when we go visit, I get to do a lot of fishing!  Once I got the boat fixed up I hit Guntersville up several times.  The first time the boat had seen water in well over a year I went with a college buddy of mine from Huntsville.  We didnt catch a lot as far as numbers went, but the quality was good when we did.  Within about 20 minutes of one another, we both boated 5#+ fish.  The rest of the day was spend catching a few 2-3# fish at about one an hour or so.  Everytime I went up, it seemed to rain (even if rain was not in the forecast).

Later in the spring for a quick trip to visit family.I did not bring the boat because it was supposed to rain and we were not going to be there for to long, but as always I brought a rod-n-reel.  While my wife went shopping with her mother, I decided to check out one of the local fishing piers.  I took two rods, my wifes zebco 33 and my spinning reel.  I was going to crappie/brim fish with some small minnows on the spinning reel and play around with my wife's zebco.  I did not have so much as a single bite on the minnows, but I did have fun testing out my wifes Zebco. I ended up pulling in a FAT 6# bass off the pier as well as a few smaller ones.  It was a fun 2 hours thats for sure!

Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment