Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Product Review - Diawa Megaforce w/ Twitching Bar

I purchased my first Daiwa reel the other day.  It was a new Megaforce with twitching bar.  It has seven ball bearings and a 71:1 ratio.  I got it for $59 at Simmons Sporting Goods in Bessemer, AL.  I bought the reel for one purpose only - walking-the-dog.  The twitching bar on the Megaforce is great for those folks that are just learning to walk-the-dog or those that are older and  can not move as well as they once could.  (It is also good for when you want to be lazy and sit back and drink a cold frothy beverage.) 
I have mostly used this reel mounted on an AllStar 6'6" medium-heavy fast rod with a Lucky Craft Sammy knock off (Academy H20 Xpress TWS).  The Megaforce has a smooth cast and can chunk this thing a mile, which is perfect for top water.  Overall, not a bad reel for the money, I have been pleased with it so far.

1 comment: