Monday, July 12, 2010

Nearby Ponds

While rebuilding the boat, I found out that the pond in the subdivision where I live has bass in it.  So, I decided to go fish it some.  I went most afternoons that the weather permitted in early spring and could catch upwards of 30 fish in a few hours in the afternoons; but they were all tiny little fish.  Maybe 10"-11" at most.  I had heard from my neighbor that his dad had caught a big one in there and I had to find it myself.  So I rented a canoe and went out one morning.  The fish in the picture weighted 5#12oz.  That morning I also caught two more that went over 5# not to mention all of the small ones that I caught too.  As summer got closer the milfoil (lake grass) got to thick to fish and I had to stop fishing there.


As summer approached I decided I wanted to learn to "walk the dog".  Since the pond near the house was was full of grass, I decided to hit another local pond.  I had fished this pond SEVERAL times last year and a few this year and had decided that there was nothing in there but it would be a great place to learn a new technique.  On the first cast that afternoon I landed a 3# LM who put up a decent fight.

So lucky for me, I have a couple of options for places to fish right near my house.

Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment